Services and facilities
Also located in the Ivan Ward Centre, Brian Wells House residents will be able to access the shop, hair salon and consulting rooms for visiting health professionals.
Our new care suites have been developed according to a ‘household’ layout. By having small communities or ‘households’ within the larger care community, the care suites provide an environment where people have a real sense of belonging within a household setting.
Brian Wells household has:
- its own 24/7 care partners
- lounge area
- dining area for members of the household to dine together
- domestic open plan kitchen for residents, whanau and staff\
- A lovely garden where residents and families can enjoy the outdoors
Each resident’s care suite has:
- its own ensuite (bidet optional)
- a fully adjustable electric hospital bed
- a wardrobe and other basic furnishings are available if desired
- a private phone may be installed in any room (rentals are charged to residents through Telecom)
- smart call bell system
We follow best practise and research by not providing TVs in our dementia care suites. Rather, we encourage these residents not to isolate themselves, and engage with other people instead.
A premium room charge of $60 per day (GST inclusive) applies to all rooms in Brian Wells House, as of 1 July 2021.
For more information call us on (09) 846 0119 extn 624.
- all meals are prepared and cooked on site. A qualified dietician oversees the menu and special diets are catered for
- if guests visit for lunch or dinner, they can often be catered for
- Brian Wells House is staffed 24/7 including nurses assisted by care partners and other professional staff as appropriate.
- All staff have on-going training as to the particular needs of the current residents in their care, and on safety issues\
- doctors routinely visit the Brian Wells and there is medical coverage 24/7
- the village chaplain visits regularly and is available for counselling and support; worship services are held regularly in Brian Wells
- visiting family members and friends are always made very welcome any time, any day