The 'household' structure of the facility means you can have the company of others when you want it - sharing and participating in all aspects of daily life - and the privacy of your own room when you need it. Here are some of the main aspects of life at the village:
Main meals are cooked on site, but when you eat is up to you. You and your family are welcome to use the kitchen within each household to cook your own meals too.
You have access to an on-call GP as well as other health professionals.
Residents are encouraged to keep mentally and physically active. You are welcome to continue with your existing hobbies in addition to the range of organised activities we have available to you.
It's nice to have company but we realise you family can't be here all the time. Our village volunteers are here to help brighten your day in any way they can.
Our chaplain is on site two days a week, but is available outside those times on request. Please feel free to invite the Chaplain, or another spiritual leader, to visit you at any time.
Amenities in the wider village
Selwyn Oak's offers residents a range of first-class leisure facilities located on the ground floor of The Lees Centre, including;
- a residents lounge next to the chapel
- a chapel with regular worship services and a place for quiet spiritual reflection
- multi-purpose room for various activities including exercises, movies, hobbies, performances, celebrations and functions
- crafts/activities room with its own kitchenette
- outdoor bbq area, with access from the cafe
- professional kitchen to support the cafe and dining areas
- consulting room
- shop (dairy/mini-mart)
- hair salon